How to preserve four leaf clover for charms.
Pressing is the best way to preserve your clover charm. Stack several layers of paper together and place clovers over the top being sure they do not overlap. The next step is to cover the clovers with several more layers of paper. Glossy pages will not properly absorb the moisture from the plants, resulting in mold and/or the delicate leaves and petals sticking to the pages. Place a heavy object like a thick heavy book over the top as weight and pressure flattens it. Spread the clovers so they do not overlap. The time required for drying, depending on the clover size or tissue content, can be anywhere from two to four days. If you can’t wait that long, You can press and dry the leaf between pieces of wax paper with a warm iron. Upon removing the clovers keep them away from sunlight and moisture. Once the four-leaf clovers are dry, you can laminate it
How to make four leaf clover pendant
Here is a simple instruction to make a clover pendant.
- A penny or quarter (depend on the size of your four leaf clover )
- A dried four leaf clover or shamrock leaflet
- Envirotex Lite or other pour on resin/polyurethane finish
- Thick paper or card stock
- Hot glue
Instructions for a Pendant
- 1. Glue the coin on to the paper or card stock for background.
- 2. Cut out the excess so only the circular shape remains.
- 3. Glue the dry four leaf clover on to the paper or cardstock.
- 4. Use your adhesive to glue the four leaf clover onto the coin with the paper backing.
- 5. Coat the top of the dry four leaf clover with several layers of adhesive. Allow to dry completely. Note: If you do not seal the top of the dry leaf with adhesive, the pour on resin will soak into the paper and ruin the appearance of the pendant.
- 6. Prepare your pour on finish according to the manufacturer’s directions. Pour the finish into the circular keyring. Make sure to cover the whole piece evenly.
- 7. Allow the finish to dry according to the manufacturer’s directions.
Ideas and Suggestions
- These pendants would make great nostalgic gift.
- The four leaf clover makes an excellent gift for St. Patrick’s Day or any Irish man/woman.